1. The 1 year free tier
This means you can experience all of the Amazon Web Service for free. Including EC2, RDS, S3, etc.
2. Community and Support
Amazon itself do not provide very good support, but there is a community of developers and companies providing AWS related technology support.
3. All in one place
You can find almost all necessary component of you web stack, though some component is not very good, but All in one means it is well integrated.
4. Scalable and AutoScaling
You can scale up to more machine if there are high traffic at some time, and scale down to less machine to save the hosting cost. And it can be automatically scale up and scale down.
5. Cross Region and multi-AZ
You can build up your web stack cross multiple region, this means your website is alive even one region is die. You site is active on multiple active zone.
RDS of AWS is better then any other database hosting. You can have hot standby at another region, multiple master database at the same time.
And Master-Slave setup is also very easy. Backup is very easy and you even do not to care about this.
S3 is easy to use. You can sync your files to S3 bucket with one command, this means you can write to disk, but read from S3.
8. Route 53
Route 53 provide DNS layer health detect. You can use Route 53 as the HA solution for multiple IDC.
The Web is filled with unstructured which only can be read by human. But there are some data crawling service available for you to convert the unstructured data to be structured data. With the structured data, you can analysis or regenerate more valuable data. The Data Crawling services always help you crawling a target website and extract the useful information. Then provide you data in the format of JSON or XML. Most of the service provide site-specific crawl extraction function.
Here are some data crawling services*:
- http://80legs.com/There are 50,000 crawling nodes working for 80legs. The price of 80legs is 100,000 urls plus 2 USD every 1million url crawled for 29 USD per month. The clients of 80legs includs Paypal, Mailchimp.
- https://import.io/ (Transform any website into a table of data or a Structured API in minutes without even writing any code.)import.io provide you a way to train the bot to extract data from webpage, just like the highlighting feature in google master tool. import.io is free app which can be install in Windows, MacOS and linux.
- http://scrapinghub.com/The price of scrap cloud of scrapinghub is $1 / 10,000 PAGES.
- http://www.usedaywatch.com/Usedaywatch sales a suit of software which values about 20,000 USD.
- https://www.mozenda.com/web-crawlingStarter plan of mozenda is 99 USD per month.
- http://www.grepsr.com/The price of grepsr.com is one time fee $129.
- http://promptcloud.com/The price of prompt cloud is 199 USD per month. Prompt Cloud also provide Twitter crawling service.
- http://priceonomics.comThere is not so much information on the website of Priceonomics, but there is a interesting blog. The price is 2000 USD per month.* In alphabetical orderWith these data crawling service, you can easily get information from websites.